When you’re out camping in your Lance RV this spring, test out this mouthwatering recipe for southern grilled barbecue ribs. We can almost guarantee that your guests are going to ask for seconds.
This recipe takes 20 minutes to prepare and 1.5 hours to cook, so you don’t have to miss out on all of the fun while dinner is on the grill.
Southern Grilled Barbecue Ribs
What you’ll need:
- 4 pounds baby back pork ribs
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 additional cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat your RV oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the ribs in two roasting pans (10 by 15 inches each).
- In a bowl, combine the 2/3 cup water and red wine vinegar. Pour the vinegar mixture over the ribs and cover with foil.
- Bake ribs for 45 minutes and baste them with the juices in the pan after about 20 minutes.
- Mix the ketchup, cider vinegar, additional water, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, butter, hot pepper sauce, brown sugar and salt together in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover the sauce mixture and allow to simmer for one hour.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Transfer the ribs from your RV oven to the grill. Discard the liquid.
- Grill for 15 minutes and turn the ribs once halfway through.
- Baste them heavily with barbecue sauce, then grill an additional eight minutes.
- Turn the ribs one more time and baste them again with the sauce. Grill for an additional eight minutes, then serve.
The Lance Camper lifestyle is all about spending time outside, and there’s no better way to cook outside than on the grill.